"Old Barney" - The lighthouse's namesake was built in 1858. From it's beginning until 1927, the light was used as a navigational beacon for ships at sea and those traveling through the Barnegat Inlet. In the 1950's it became a state park, now known as Barnegat Lighthouse State Park.
A protected bay beach is available for children on 25th Street and Bayview Avenue. The beach also has swings and other recreational equipment for children.
©2007-2017 The North Shore Inn All Rights Reserved-Design and Maintenance by SJM International